December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas!

Happy Christmas to everyone!
We have had a lovely, quiet day at home opening presents, eating seafood, drinking wine and now eating chocolates and drinking cups of tea! The wet weather that was forecast for our area did not come through and we have had a bright, sunny and a very warm day - a perfect Australian Christmas.
I'm now relaxing with my new copy of the BBC edition of Pride and Prejudice on DVD while glancing over at our Christmas tree to admire the gorgeous decorations - especially the Royal Doulton tea cup and teapot given to me by my best friend and my boy - they know me so well!






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Karen!

Frances said...

Merry, merry Christmas! It sounds like a lovely one.

Claire (The Captive Reader) said...

Sounds like a wonderful day Karen! I love those decorations - what tree doesn't need a tea cup and teapot? A Very Happy Christmas to you and yours!

Danielle said...

Glad to hear you had a lovely day! Warmth and sunshine sounds heavenly--could you package some up and send it my way! Enjoy the rest of the holiday!

Karen said...

Thanks Jill - you too!

Hi Frances - it was a lovely day - hope you had the same!

Hi Claire - I love my decorations too - a perfect representation of me I think!

Hi Danielle - I will try to send some sunshine your way!

Sarah said...

Merry Christmas Karen. It's great the rain stayed away for Christmas, now we just need a miracle at the MCG!

Simon (Savidge Reads) said...

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas with you and yours Karen!

Karen said...

Hi Sarah - I know what you mean!! I can't see that miracle coming at the moment!

Hi Simon - thank you so much!

Yvann said...

Merry belated Christmas... I miss Australian Christmases and am so glad that this one was beautiful for you.

And the tree decorations are awesome :)

Karen said...

Hi Yvann - I became a little obsessed by Christmas decorations this year I think!

Natalie~Coffee and a Book Chick said...

Merry Christmas & Happy New Year to you as well!

Karen said...

Thanks Coffee!