May 09, 2011

One Book, Two Book, Three Book, Four...and Five...



Thanks to Simon for this lovely meme which a few of us seem to be grabbing hold of at the moment...


1. The Book I am currently reading:

The Novel in the Viola by Natasha Solomons - totally sweet and beautiful - not a book I was expecting to pick up and enjoy but I am loving it so far...


2. The Last book I finished:

Solar by Ian McEwan - a novel with one of the most unlikeable main characters I have ever read about! Review to come soon.


3. The Next book I want to Read:

A Jane Austen Education by William Deresiewicz - It just arrived in my mail box this afternoon and I want to discard all of my other reading to jump straight to it!


4. The last book I Bought:

Tucked In: For Everyone Having a Doona Day by Meredith Gaston - just too cute to ignore really!


5. The Last Book I was Given:

Breakfast at Tiffany's: The Official 50th Anniversary Companion Book by Sarah Gristwood - A gorgeous Birthday present from my best friend - she knows me too well!

6 comments:

Cristina (Rochester Reader) said...

The Novel in the Viola sounds like a comforting read and the titles of books 3 and 4 have me intrigued.. Great cosy reading pic :-)

Marg said...

I am really looking forward to reading The Novel in the Viola. I loved Natasha Solomons debut novel and have high hopes for this one too.

Karen said...

Hi Cristina - definitely a comforting read! I love this photo too - my favourite past time!

Hi Marg - I haven't read her first novel as yet but I have it waiting for me for when I finish this one.

Simon (Savidge Reads) said...

Loving these snapshots of so many readers lives!

Meg @ write meg! said...

Oh, I was so not a fan of Solar -- especially because of its completely odious protagonist! Ian McEwan is a stunning writer, but that one... meh.

Karen said...

Hi Simon - it is a great meme isn't it - so simple and yet so informative.

Hi Meg - so many people seem to have that reaction to Solar so you are definitely not alone!